Calculations Color Change

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ottiliegirl

I used the calculation tab in Excel and it changed the background of the sheet to tan and the data became orange. I thought it would go back to white with black data after the calculations had been done but it doesn't. Anybody know how to get it back to its original colors. Thank you for helping

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I believe you used Cell Styles to format the colour? If so, try switching to normal, and use Conditional Formatting to change the colours to what you want. When you clear the values, it will go back to normal black and white.

ottiliegirl

Thanks for this input. I thought I had been forgotten. I did not use conditional formating. I had a simply black and white spreadshet. I clicked on "the calculation tab "up top near the conditional formatting tab and that changed the background to a beige color. Now it won't go back to black and white.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Wow I didn't realise this was a few days old! I think this part of the forum is not frequently visited as it once was.

To confirm, you went to here, and choose Calcuation?

1594224082708.png

If so, choosing Normal will change it back, just make sure that you highlight all the cells that needs changing.

Note: This screenshot is from Excel - Office 365... I believe earlier versions will be in a slightly different area?

ottiliegirl

So simple when you know what yoou are doing. I should have been smart enough to figure that out. It's done now. thank you so much for that answer.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So simple when you know what yoou are doing. I should have been smart enough to figure that out. It's done now. thank you so much for that answer.
No problem! It took me a few minutes to find the option myself (i don't typically use conditioning or styles lol)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online