1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Calculator disappeared....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ingrl31, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ingrl31

ingrl31 Thread Starter

Hi, my calculator off of my start/accessories button has disappeared along with notepad...I have no idea where they went but I use the calculator often and I'm lost without it...any idea how I can get it back? :(

Thanks!

2. ste2223

ste2223

If your running windows xp go to start>controll panel>add and remove programs. To the left there should be something that says add/remove windows components go on that and double click on to accessories and utilitys then double click on accesories and you should see calculator, make sure it is ticked. Hope this helps!

3. ingrl31

ingrl31 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help..unfortunatly that wasn't the problem...the box was already checked...I just don't understand why it's not on my start/accessories bar anymore... :confused:

4. kath100

kath100

Try this, create a shortcut on your desktop then drag it into your Start - Programs menu as follows.
    Right click on an empty space on your desktop and select New.. then Shortcut.
    click on Browse then navigate to c:\windows\system32\calc.exe.
    This will create the calculator shortcut on your desktop.
    Drag the icon down to your start button and keep dragging into the program menu. release it where ever you want in the program menu.
    :)

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

What operating system are you using?

If you are using XP you can navigate to the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Look for Calc.exe and Notepad.exe and right click each and select "Pin to Start Menu"

Rollin

6. kath100

kath100

(y) Quicker and easier
    :)

7. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

8. ingrl31

ingrl31 Thread Starter

I was able to put in on my desktop and then I pinned it to the start menu...thanks everyone for all your help!
    Also, Fredledingue, I'm going to check out the calculator you suggested..thanks!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice