1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Calendar drop-down list

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Guil, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guil

Guil Thread Starter

I am using Office 2003. I would like to create, in a cell, a calendar drop-down list.

The specific field is about the date the user gets started to fill the worksheet.

After picking up the date from a nice calendar, the date should appear in the cell.

Thank you for any and all advice and direction.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

"using Office 2003"....

Is the cell in a Word table, in an Excel spreadsheet or ...?

Office 2003 is not an application, its a suite of applications.
    Knowing which one would help.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  4. Guil

Guil Thread Starter

Brilliant! Thanks Dreamboat very much! But, I don't wanna work within ranges.

To perfect fit in my purposes, How can i specify in the code so the calendar pops up just in certain cells, predefined by me, instead of assigning a range to work with?

Another question: How can I set up a cell so as soon as I select it a nearby comment box pops up?

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    "Another question:"
    You can place a comment in any cell. You can then MOVE that comment box where you want it to come up.

As for popping up an activex control right from the spreadsheet? No clue. :(

6. Guil

Guil Thread Starter

Sorry i didnĀ“t make myself clear in the second question.

I would like that the comments attached in cells do not disappear when you put the mouse out of the cell borders and how i should do to get rid of those comment box / cell line connectors?

Many thanks in advance.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice