1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Calendar reminder item problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cindiesue, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

I have had a reoccurring calendar item for 2 years. It reminds me two days prior to the event each week. I deleted it the other day and it still reminds me and gives me error messages and will not let me delete it. it will not allow me to open it. error message The Custom form can not be opened. Outlook will open this with its own form. can not locate recurrence information for this appt. can open it, cannt delete it and it then pops up every 5 minutes. I have looked back every week for two years and it does not appear. I also looked ahead. It does not appear. I closed outlook and reopened it. How can I get this fixed??? Thanks for any help you can be.

2. Sponsor

3. jimr381

jimr381 Jim

Have you looked into running Outlook with a switch. Try this webpage out here. The one I think you want is the one for resetting folders called /resetfolders or the one to redo the reminders called /cleanreminders.

4. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

this is great, and thank you. now that I have that information I don't know how to do it. could you walk me through it. thx

5. jimr381

jimr381 Jim

Hit "Windows Key"+"R" to bring you into the run dialog box. Type in Outlook.exe / whatever switch that you want to use. The website lists all the switches which is what follows the forward slash "/."

6. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

Okay, it opened up in a new Outlook. I went to my calendar and looked for the reminder from two years ago through next year because I had it on recurring and reminder, and it is not showing. It was not showing in my old one too.

So now what am I supposed to do. it is opened in safe mode.
    I now have two Outlooks opened. I closed the old one and left the new safe one open.
    THen I closed the new one and opened outlook again and my reminder popped up again but with a current date of reminder of today. when I hit dismiss (and it will not allow me to open it either to delete it) the error popps up again "the custom form can not be opened. Outlook will use Outlook Form instead. Cannot locate recurring apopointment for this entry"

none of the /xxx outlook safe items mentioned recurring at all. Only clean reminders.

any other idead?

7. jimr381

jimr381 Jim

A key word in that last statement is again. You should close out of Outlook before trying to open it with the switches. Did you try both of the switches that I specified?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767796