Calendar reminders.... Outlook? or Works?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ronjie

First of all, please let me say that I'm happy to have found this group, I have found what I have read very interesting.

Having said that...

I have Outlook 2000 on my Dell Dimension 8200 with Windows XP. I have always wanted my computer to boot with my calendar reminders for the day.

The thing is, (correct me if I'm wrong?) I have always believed that Outlook is resource intensive, so booting and keeping Outlook running would interfere with whatever I'm doing.

My Dell also came with Works 2002, and puts just a calendar reminder in the startup which would work for me, except that I've worked with Outlook first ( and didn't get my reminders till I opened it up )

What I was considering doing was somehow importing my Outlook Calendar to Works, let Works start up with the computer with my reminders... and then just continue to work with Works. ( I will also want to hotsync that with my HanSpring Visor for easy updates )

Would this be the best way to this? Is there an (inexpensive) easier way to do this?

Thank you in advance,
Ronjie

Anne Troy

Anne
How much RAM do you have?

Outlook uses 8MB I think.
Word and Excel each use 4MB.

That should give you an idea.

Anne Troy

Anne
Hi ronjie.

Best to keep your posts here in the forum. Use private messages for *private* messages, like "Hey! How the hell are ya?!!"

Anyway. You told me you've got 256MB. That's plenty.

No, there is no built-in way of having notification from Outlook without running Outlook. Some other programs DO work that way, I know.

There are 3rd-party utilities, however. Check out www.slipstick.com

:D

Good luck!

Anne Troy

Anne
Hee hee.

I have never used Works' calendar, so I have no idea. But I HIGHLY doubt that you can copy/paste.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online