1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Calendar Software Confusion

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by GoldenSilence, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GoldenSilence

GoldenSilence Thread Starter

Hello,

I am looking to install some kind of Calendar software and I thought this would be simple but I am finding it unfathomably difficult. I use Google Chrome and obviously, the most simple thing to do would be to use Google Calendar right? Wrong! Google Calendar looks awful. It looks like their Google News site (which I have stopped using) with loads of whitespace and too much going on plus ridiculous amounts of auto-this or auto-that. I want to be in control of most things I do not automatically delegate it to AI or whatever. Plus I have privacy concerns about Google and they are the last people I want knowing my daily routine or meetings ect ect.

I just had a look at Google Calendar and then saw an extension that sits in the OS system tray with the prime objective of notifying me of calendar appointments in Google Calendar? What? Then what is the point of Google Calendar? Can't Calendar notify on its own? So confused.

So all I require is a program primarily for win7 desktop but with the ability to notify and sync with android phone. I am flabbergasted at how difficult this is turning out to be. Does anybody know any good programs that can do this? I really liked the look of sunset calendar but that has been discontinued.

I wish to avoid Google and Microsoft - they're only interested in finding out as much about me in order to squeeze some more money out of me while selling my data.

How hard can this be in 2018?

Thanks

GS

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I use Outlook which is part of the MS Office 365 package.
    I don not have or even need a smart phone, but Outlook should be able to sync with your phone.

Your phone provider knows more about your than either Google of Microsoft does.

3. GoldenSilence

GoldenSilence Thread Starter

But at least I am not collating all that information into one place, all neat and tidy for them! If they want that information they can damn well work hard for it!

I'll have a look at Outlook but that's Microsoft, there's got to be some decent programs or apps for a Calendar that are not made by the giants?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    BUT, the phone provider is collecting it and placing in one place, their records.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice