Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Error - iw3mp.exe has stopped working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gormless_Git

I have just bought 'call of duty 4: modern warfare' and installed it on my PC, however, when I try to run the game, it crashes giving the error message "iw3mp.exe has stopped working".

This is the same with multiplayer. I have read around and found several other posts on the web with similar errors, however none appear to be like mine in the sense that it crashes before it loads any of the logos/trailers that come before the game menu.

My PC more than meets the systems requirements, and I have tried some of the suggested fixes such as plugging in my microphone and headphones and re-installing my sound drivers and re-naming the file extension of the iw3mp.exe file. I have also re-installed the game several times but to not avail, the same error appears.

I have tried contacting Activision support, who, although quick to reply, have as yet to find a fix for my problem.

Can anyone suggest a way I can fix this?

Much obliged

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts