1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Call of duty 4 specs

Discussion in 'Games' started by thejmon, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

I've been looking towards getting the new call of duty 4 game for my pc and I just printed out my computer specs and compared it to the game specs and I think Im good to get it except for my video card. It says I need at least a Radeon 9800pro and i have, i guess, a Radeon X300 SE card for my primary and secondary display adapter on my xp. Do I need a new card and if i do how much will it cost me?

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You don't really need the new card it should be alright, unless you want to play it on high settings and you'll need an high end video card.

btw
    you can also go to www.srtest.com and see if your system can run it.

3. MahaGamer

MahaGamer

I'm able to play with just about every thing turned on, high settings, at 1024x768 and i get around 25-30 fps, which is playable. And remember i'm on a 7600 GT :p

4. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

I went to the site u recomended and it says I passed on everything, but the video card and it says:
    Minimum: 128MB 3d Hardware Accelerated card required-100% DirectX 9.0c compatible and latest drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 6600+ / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro+)
    You Have: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory (RADEON X300 SE (0x5B60)) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Do you really care that you want to play Call of Duty 4 on high settings?

6. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

also what aspect of a computer is responsible for faster game play?

7. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

so i wont need the card unless i want to play it on high settings eventhough on the website it is under the "required" section?

8. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You video card meets the minimum requirements, thats good, however the X300SE is way underpower to handle this game on high settings, and you will expect the lag on gameplay

If you really want to run COD4 on high settings and a fast performance

you need a

Dual Core Cpu (like Athlon X2 or Core 2 Duo)
    2 GBs of ram
    a 7900 or more for NVIDIA or ATI X1900 or more

9. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

Im kinda low on money so what options do i have to reduce lag the most for a budge. I of coarse want to play the online multiplayer so i want to limit the lag as much as i can, but i defiently cant afford a new computer or anything of that expense right now. I need like a $250 dollar maximum upgrade. Im not looking to play on the max settings just have moderate level settings with low lag.

10. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Before you upgrade, what are your computer specs?

11. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

Do u want to see what the website gave me?

12. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

CPU
    Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported
    You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz PASS
    CPU Speed
    Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported)
    You Have: 2.79 GHz PASS
    System RAM
    Minimum: 512 MB (768 MB for Windows Vista)
    You Have: 510.1 MB PASS
    Operating System
    Minimum: Windows XP/Vista only
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
    Video Card
    Minimum: 128MB 3d Hardware Accelerated card required-100% DirectX 9.0c compatible and latest drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 6600+ / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro+)
    You Have: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory (RADEON X300 SE (0x5B60)) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6561 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    DirectX Version
    Minimum: 9.0c
    You Have: 9.0c PASS
    Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    You Have: Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device PASS
    Sound Card Driver Version
    Your driver version number is: 5.1.2535.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 8 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 600 MB for Windows swap file)
    You Have: 117.4 GB PASS
    DVD
    Minimum: 6X DVD-ROM
    You Have: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B

13. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

It's up to you.

14. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You don't really need to upgrade your video card, everything else is fine, however, 512 MB is not enough to run the game well, thats why,

You need at least 1 GB of ram, the more ram you have, the more performance your game will be.

Add 1 GB of ram, and you'll see the big difference.

If you are not sure what ram are you using, go to this site

http://www.crucial.com/

15. thejmon

thejmon Thread Starter

I just want to make sure that i can play online without having a distrupting amount of lag.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!