1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Call of duty black ops.

Discussion in 'Games' started by artlink, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. artlink

artlink Thread Starter

Hi ,

I recently bought Call of duty black ops and installed ,but when i tried to play it just a black screen appeared on my monitor ,so please provide some information about the game.
    It will be your kindness.

My computer configurations .

Operating system windows XP.
    Processor. Intel (R) core 2 due E7300 @ 2.66GHz.
    Ram 2 GB.
    3d card Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT.512mb,

Take care Thanks .
    Bye.

2. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

Hi artlink,

Well you're in the minimum required specs...

Try these:

Update your graphics drivers:
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-uk

Update DirectX (9.0c):
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Ensure you're using the latest service pack for your operating system, in your case, Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Windows updates (make sure your OS is fully updated):
    [URL="windowsupdate.microsoft.com"/]windowsupdate.microsoft.com[/URL]
    (This site will only work properly on Internet Explorer)

If the website doesn't work for you, you can go to your Start menu > All Programs > You should see Update Windows towards the top of the listing (Been a while since I've used XP, hope I'm right lol).

If it doesn't solve your problem, drop another post and we'll go from there. :)

3. artlink

artlink Thread Starter

Hi ,sick jargon.

Thanks for reply and i have done all the steps you told me ,but still it doesnt work i dont know what to do.

If i want to replace my Nvidia card with new one which one should i buy and what do you recommend for me to be the best one which can play all kinds of games.

Recently i installed the (Heavy fire Afghanistan game )but when i wanted to play it the game asked for serial key ,but i couldnt find the key on pocket and in the cd so what should i do.

Anyway thanks for support.
    take care.

4. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

Well, we're not at this point just yet. :)

Before we go ahead thinking about replacements, try reseating your hardware. Basically, taking the graphics card, memory and the CPU out, clean all of your slots/ports then place all your hardware back in. Its better if you have a can of air to do this, makes cleaning up hard to reach places easy. If not, blow over the slots and wipe over them with a duster.

... If you're not confident in doing this, you could take it to a PC store and get the tech guys there to do it.

I haven't heard of this game but you'll have to contact the publishers customer service about this.

If you are seriously considering another graphics card, have a look at the GTX 550 Ti. Quite a nice card for its price.

GeForce GTX 550 Ti

5. artlink

artlink Thread Starter

Thanks .Jargon.
    But most of games work properly like cod world at war,cod modern warfare 2,3,4 and moh and much more, still i have to blow and clean my card?

You mean my card has the ability to run cod black ops ,what about if i change the cd maybe its the CD doesn't work properly or something else.

Thanks for the help i did all the steps you told now my System works faster than before.

6. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

If it's running all the other games perfectly fine then no, you're right in thinking it's the game itself. So is it running fine or are you still having problems with it?

7. artlink

artlink Thread Starter

No still i could not play cod black ops ,i will change the cd than lets see what will happen .
    i will keep you update .
    Thanks for support.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice