Call of Duty MW (2019) not launching

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hbansal099

Hiya,

I have a problem with Launching Call of Duty Modern Warfare from Blizzard.
I have never been able to start this game, not even once!

My PC/ Blizzard/ the game is fully up to date and I have used the Scan and Repair function that says "No repair required".

If I hit the "play" button it will say "launching" then "playing now" but nothing happens and the button returns to saying "play".
I don't get any windows popping up, no error messages.

When I have task manager open, it briefly shows the game show up (at the same time it says launching and playing now) and then disappears.

I have tried reinstalling the game and blizzard. Different Hard Drives. Even reformatted my Windows 10.
I have tried some of the tricks out there on the net, like go into task manager and end task on Steam etc. but that doesn't help.
I have switced Blizzard to and from Beta mode.
It's not being blocked by windows defender.

Some people say to edit the Config file in a folder called "Player" or "Player2" but neither of these exist for me.

My PC Specs are:
Windows 10
12GB Ram
Solid State Harddrive
AMD Radeon R9 390
AMD Phenom II x6 1075T

I know my CPU is under the minimum requirements but I don't have problems playing games like Destiny 2, even during Gambit, which has sooo much going on.

Thanks all.
Kind regards,

Attachments

peterh40

Peter
I would suspect that the game code will check your hardware meets requirements before launching, so if it does not meet the requirements it will net run. So, it looks like you will not be able to play it unless you upgrade your PC.

Hbansal099

Thanks

Zebanovich - I dumped the file but it is 450mb+ and that's too large to attach here.

mitalivasandani

Mitali Vasandani
Hi,
You may try to install on other computer?
Maybe the copy of game you have received has problems.
Have you tried?

I would suspect that the game code will check your hardware meets requirements before launching, so if it does not meet the requirements it will net run. So, it looks like you will not be able to play it unless you upgrade your PC.
That's not how it works. If that were the case people with older AMD 955 Phenoms / Gen 1 Intel I5 750 would not be able to play the game but they can. Something else is amiss.

Hbansal099

Thanks for the replies all.
Blizzard say it's not their problem it's Activision and they haven't replied to my email in weeks.
Plus there live chat and phone lines are down during this epidemic :/

Mitali - I don't have another PC to try it on but I already tried a Full Fresh installation of Windows 10.

Blu_86 - That's very interesting to know!

The only good thing is that Blizzard refunded me for Call of Duty MW, but it's a shame I can't play Warzone.

I wish the developers would just remote on to my PC to fix the issue!
:)
Thanks again all!
Take care.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online