1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Calling all Asus EEEpc users!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by olliea95, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olliea95

olliea95 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble with an Asus EEEPc, it cannot seem to find an ASIO.sys file. Has anybody else had this issue, and any fixes you have come across for this?

Could someone with an Asus EEEPc go to this folder and report what files are there: C:\Program Files\Asus\IO.

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Already tried:
    - Ran SuperAntiSpyware
    - Ran MalwareBytes
    - Ran AVG and MSE scans
    - Many many many searches for Event ID issues: 7036, 7001, 10005
    - BIOS Update

Worth noting that this issue goes away when starting in Safe Mode, so its likely a driver problem. Therefore I tried reinstalling all drivers I can find. Cannot get to Windows Update when in safe mode and the computer won't load it in 'Normal mode'.

Running Win 7 Starter (32 bit).

If someone can do a search for ASIO.sys on their EEEPc and tell me where it is located so I can replace it.

Want to avoid a reinstall or restore if at all possible.

Cheers,
    Ollie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice