1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camcorder to pc ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jimbo73, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimbo73

Jimbo73 Thread Starter

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...but it seemed the best to me.

I have a SONY trv 108 camcorder, and it's pretty standard. It has an S-Video out, which I'm sure is the only plug on it that can help me here.

I want to know how to get the videos from it to my pc, probably using an s video cable. What kind of converter/adapter am I going to need ?

2. Leec65

Leec65

Hi Jimbo just talk to a friend the does video editing and what you need is first a program that you capture with, windows movie maker with work but you would better off get one like pinnacle studio 9 then you will need a fire wire cable to download it to you computer this is know as a IEEE-1934 port if your computer does not have one you can buy a card for it hope this helps

3. Jimbo73

Jimbo73 Thread Starter

thank you, but no more pci slots are available =/

4. Leec65

Leec65

the problem is the s video is just that video only you will need a IEEE-1934 port to get both sound and video plus with the s video you still would need a card for that plus a RCA jack for the sound

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice