1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cameleon like Screen (video card-mobo conflict)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spemux, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spemux

spemux Thread Starter

I have Acer aspire e360 and it's factory mobo + old single core 2.2GHz cpu and stuff.
    I bought gta 4 and wanted play before I join the USMC :D But my pc was under the minimum requirements except my video card. I have Ati Radeon hd3650. I installed the game with my old settings and game was running with no crashes but very low fps.

I changed my mobo, cpu and psu couple of days ago
    MSI K9VGM-V mobo
    Amd x2 5000 2.6GHz and same video card (radeon hd3650)
    PSU Corsair vx550W

the first I installed windows xp pro, flashed the bios, updates etc... well everything was cool but when I tried to run a game (old 3d games), pc was crashing. I changed some settings and I had some infinite loop ati2dvag reports, blue screens or sometimes black screen etc.. I tried every possible solutions but non of them works.

I decided to install vista sp1. When I install the latest Ati driver (with catalyst) my screen goes black, gray, green, pink, purple :) sometimes it won't boot, sometimes it boots but freezes while i'm doing stuff in vista, screen color changes again and crashes.. so my pc resets and same thing over and over and over again.

I tried to repair vista and didn't install ati drivers but after microsoft updates, my screen goes HIPPIE again with weird colors. :eek:

I don't think my video card is corrupt, it was working great with my old acer mobo, even it was running GTA 4 with no crashes or errors :)

So, I've uploaded a pic of my screen.
    i desperately need to play some pc games while I'm still a civilian :(

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/782304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice