1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camera Card Not Detected in Sony A230 Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Bossard, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossard

Bossard Thread Starter

I have a Kodak SD camera card that my Sony A230 stopped detecting when inserted. I have been using this card for a year with no problems till today. I can plug it in a card reader in any of my computers and remove or send photos to it so I don't think it is a contact issue. I was using the camera today when the battery became exhausted and it shut off during a shoot. Since then the camera won't detect it. What could the problem be?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Just a wild guess at this point ... Might need to have the camera reformat the card

3. Bossard

Bossard Thread Starter

The camera can't format the card because it can't detect it. I formatted it on my computer and when I put it in the camera it still couldn't detect it. I guess I'll get a new card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1106775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice