camera connection?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alame

get this error " please check connection or camera setting" when I hook up to my computer, have checked all those and still nothing works, any ideas?

alame

you bet all is on, keep getting that error, could the port be disabled?

buck52

Banned
USB connection?...Any chance your trying to use an extention cable...I got that kind of message when I tried to use a 10' extention cable...Had to shorten it .

just a thought

buck

alame

thanks buck 52, it is only about 2 ft. long the one that plugs into the camera to the computer (usb)? (grey) The initial start-up calls for a camera type, installed the one that was close, so that should have eliminated that problem,need all the help I can get up here in cold Canada!

alame

done that numerous times, reinstalled Photosuite thinking that might have been the problem as well, I certainly am no whiz at this stuff, so relying on the experts here.

Max19

Account Disabled
Is it connected through USB? Serial? What operating system are you running? Are you absolutely positive the camera is on? I've seen some that don't display the power status in an obvious way.
What camera is it? (Make, Model, etc.)

buck52

Banned
how bout reinstalling the software/drivers that came with the camera

buck

alame

buck, max, camera is a Sony DSC-S30 and it has a very prominent on/off indicator, windows me, MGI Photosuite 8.0 for Windows, and I did find Port B disabled, changed that to enable, that still didn't work out so well, finally called the store where I bought it and the manager is coming to my place Monday to fix it hopefully, I'll keep trying to do it myself with all your input of course. I'm going to check that port thing again though.

buck52

Banned
alame

did you try reinstalling the drivers from the CD that came with the camera?

buck

alame

I'm not sure if it's usb or serial either, how do I tell? I did reinstall the cd that came with the camera, max, buck.

Max19

Account Disabled
According to the camera information, it only connects through USB. That connector looks small and flat. Are you running Windows 98 or later? This will probably not work on Windows 95.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online