1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

camera/ mic issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by StevieP, Apr 17, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

Advertisement
  1. StevieP

StevieP Thread Starter

since loading/downloading win 10, i have been unable to get my camera and mic to work. Is it possible to get a tech to remote access my laptop and deal with these issues ?

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

We don't offer remote access services here. However, that's not to say we can't help walk you through the issue. First things first: can you download the TSG System Information Utility on the affected laptop, run the program, and then post the results back here, please? That'll give us an idea of the hardware & software we're dealing with in your situation.

Also, which operating system did you have on it before installing Win 10?

3. StevieP

StevieP Thread Starter

previously win 8
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 6041 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2016 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 892 GB (808 GB Free); D: 24 GB (12 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO, INVALID
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Thanks for the information. In addition, can you give us the specific model? It looks like a Lenovo brand, but I'll need more specifics.

5. StevieP

StevieP Thread Starter

6. StevieP

StevieP Thread Starter

Lenovo G500 laptop

7. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I had a look at the drivers page, and it doesn't seem as if Lenovo are supporting Win 10 drivers for that model. At a push, however, you can try and see if any of the Win 8.1 drivers will install.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice