1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

camera not reading sd card reader

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sean1manc, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sean1manc

sean1manc Thread Starter

I have transferred my holiday photos and videos on a 32gb sd card to an external hard drive. but now my camera doesnt see the data on the card, but my pc does. the trouble is my pc isnt fast enough to play the data files but my camera is but doesnt see the data. how do i change this?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you copy or move them from the 32gb card to the external drive?

3. sean1manc

sean1manc Thread Starter

Yes I copied from my card that was inserted into my laptop
    The files are all on the external hard drive and still on the card. But when I put the card in my mini cam and try to play them it shows as being empty.
    If I put the card in card slot on laptop it shows them all there. I am going to upgrade my laptop soon
    So I should be able to play them but I want to no how and why my camera can no longer see the data

Thanks

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I might not have a solution, but somebody here might be able to help if you told us the brand and model number of the camera.

Just to confirm, you were able to use your camera to access and view all of the files on the card before you removed the card from the camera?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1125773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice