1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camera not recognized

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Everett v, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everett v

Everett v Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and just installed service pack 2--I have a Nikon coolpix 2500 and when I connected the camera to the PC (HP) with the USB cable I always got 4 or 5 options for downloading. I also got a message that said the computer recognized that hardware was connected. Today when I tried to download pictures I got the sound that something was connected but no message and no change on the screen. I went to the control panel and with the camera attached and turned on I clicked on the icon with nikon coolpix and the computer said there was no camera. I also tried with a card reader and even though the light was on there was still no connection. Any suggestions?
    Thank you
    Everett

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Welcome

Did you install anything other than SP2?

Have you uninstalled SP2 and tried it?

Does the computer recognize the reader? If so what happens when you plug the card into the reader?

buck

3. acraftylady

acraftylady

Don't know if you read this but HP has some nice tips for installing SP2 on their machines and things you should update and such before installing. One of the cautions on the HP site is: CAUTION: Upgrading to SP2 without updating your drivers can cause some software to not work properly.
    I know I purchased my HP before June 2003 so I think I need some other HP updates not listed on the site before I can install SP2. Don't know why they have to make this so confusing for us non computer people.

HP SP2 install

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice