1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camera picture transfer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cim, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cim

cim Thread Starter

Hi: I have a Nikon coolpix 11 digital camera and want to transfer my pictures to my computer.
    My question is...can I just plug in my camera into the computer and download my pictures directly to My Pictures Library? Do I necessarily need to have a specific program to download these pictures to?

I have the Picture Project CD but they say I must install quicktime, picture project in touch updater & panorama maker. Do I need to install these?? Actually I can't find if windows 7 is even supported for picture project.

Earlier I inserted the picture project disk and ended up installing panorama maker instead of picture project.
    Please help as I've been reading & reading for such a long time and getting nowhere.

So I thought that my problems would be solved and installed Picasa. Problem there is, it transfered a cozillion of my pics from my picture libraries and three quarters of them are duplicates. Now to transfer my camera pics to Picasa, what a mess there will be with ALL those duplicates. Am still trying to figure out how to eliminate all these duplicates that I already have.
    Please help!! Thanks.

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

No you dont need to have a specific program to download to ....

Forget about the picture project cd you dont have to use it at all if you don't want to ....

Picasa is a great program to have and it will transfer the pictures from My pictures library,that how it works ....in Picasa you can right click on photos folders on the left and choose select delete folder and they will all be gone ....

3. wilson44512

wilson44512

4. Hughv

Hughv

Picasa doesn't actually make duplicates or move any images. It just lists what you have and presents it in a format more useful than Explorer. That's all that most of these organizer programs do.
    Where did these duplicates come form? Rt-click any image in Picasa and select "Locate on Disk" to see the containing folder. Chances are you duplicated entire folders and you can then select which folder(s) to delete.
    See also Tools/Experimental/Show Duplicate Files
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=1288130fe10a1ad6&hl=en

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice