1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camera settings changing after restart?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Xenomisis, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenomisis

Xenomisis Thread Starter

Hey guys, I am new to the forum (and honestly fairly new to the IT field) and am having issues that I cannot figure out. I work for a science museum and am working on some new exhibits. One of the stations is a "stop motion station" that uses a Microsoft Life Cam Cinema to take multiple pictures that people put together to make a short stop motion movie. The issue we are having is that we have specific settings that must be set and maintained on the Life Cam to only see a certain area. When I set those settings it works great until the computer is reset. Once it boots back up all the settings in the camera are the same but the camera's picture changes. This makes no sense to me considering all the settings are the same and the camera has not moved.
    Another issue we are having is with the software that runs the station. We set the settings on the camera (in Life Cam) and load the software for the station and it has a completely different picture. The designers of the software used Adobe AIR and say that it should not change any of the settings but the picture is obviously different. I am running Windows XP professional 32 bit. Another thing to note is that when I go to My Computer and open the camera from there it loads with default Windows drivers and not with the Life Cam software but I am not sure how to set the Life Cam software as the default driver/software to run the camera. Is it possible that the Adobe AIR is running the camera with the Windows drivers? Is there any way to make sure that the picture of the camera retains all the same settings after a reset? Thank you for your help!

2. Xenomisis

Xenomisis Thread Starter

Hey I figured out what was causing the settings being changed after a restart but still am curious as to why it looks different using Adobe AIR. I also have determined that Adobe is using the camera software and not the Windows default driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice