1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camera will not show picture on screen

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by djlanga, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djlanga

djlanga Thread Starter

Well, what the title says...my camera's screen is grey when it is turned on, although I can still take pictures with it. The camera is a Sony DSC-S40 just to let you know. I don't know if it is the camera's inside hardware or the software that is creating the problem.
    I want to know if I can fix this before sending it to Sony. So, if there is no help you can give me, is there anywhere else you can recommend to find a possible solution to this problem?
    Thanks(y)

2. slipe

slipe

Have you pushed the “Monitor” button to the lower left of the 4-way buttons? It cycles the display on and off. Can you see anything when you press the Menu button?

Assuming you know about the monitor switch you are probably going to find your LCD isn’t going to work. There is no menu setting I can think of that would cause the LCD to not display when you cycle the monitor switch.

And if you can’t see anything in menu mode the camera will have limited utility even though it has an optical viewfinder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice