Camstudio eats my videos.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trousers

I routinely record my screen with Camstudio, but every now and then a video, that will generally play with no problems after I've recorded and saved it, will refuse to play the next time I start my PC. Properties says they have 0 bytes, and I've lost at least 3 hours of work this way so far. Does anyone know if there's a way to recover the video in these ghost files?

Much obliged.

Trousers

This old machine is only packing 1GB of RAM, disk space is 232GB, 70.4 of it used. Windows XP, which is probably why it's survived this long.

Ordinarily I would back up my files to two memory sticks and an external HD, just to be sure, but the last video I did (the one I really NEED back) was finished at 5am, and I honestly couldn't be bothered. No escaping karma, I guess.

Installing Recuva as we speak, stay frosty.

Trousers

Normal scan of the folder they were stored in has turn up de nada, maybe because I left the 0 byte videos in there instead of deleting them? I really have no clue. Running Deep Scan now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online