1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Camstudio eats my videos.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Trousers, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trousers

Trousers Thread Starter

I routinely record my screen with Camstudio, but every now and then a video, that will generally play with no problems after I've recorded and saved it, will refuse to play the next time I start my PC. Properties says they have 0 bytes, and I've lost at least 3 hours of work this way so far. Does anyone know if there's a way to recover the video in these ghost files?

Much obliged.

2. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
  3. Trousers

Trousers Thread Starter

This old machine is only packing 1GB of RAM, disk space is 232GB, 70.4 of it used. Windows XP, which is probably why it's survived this long.

Ordinarily I would back up my files to two memory sticks and an external HD, just to be sure, but the last video I did (the one I really NEED back) was finished at 5am, and I honestly couldn't be bothered. No escaping karma, I guess.

Installing Recuva as we speak, stay frosty.

4. Trousers

Trousers Thread Starter

Normal scan of the folder they were stored in has turn up de nada, maybe because I left the 0 byte videos in there instead of deleting them? I really have no clue. Running Deep Scan now.

5. Trousers

Trousers Thread Starter

Recuva has turned up nothing. At a loose end. Heeeeeelp please.

6. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
  7. Trousers

Trousers Thread Starter

Roger that. Thanks anyway.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice