1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can’t connect to network on pc but can on phone

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ifthisislove, Jun 24, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Thread Starter

Just traveled to another country (idk if that’s something that got to do with it) and I’m trying to set up internet network, but fails. It doesn’t let me connect to a network at all on my windows 10 pc. Yet I connect the same network to my phones and they work. I have tried to disable my antivirus, but that doesn’t seem to help. Anyone help?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Can you see any networks?

3. ifthisislove

Yes I can but when I try to enter the password and connect, it says “can’t connect to this network”. I’m pretty sure it is the correct password.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    edit: just saw you are on Windows 10.

How old is the computer itself.

5. ifthisislove

eh my dad bought it in 2014. This issue happened when my I traveled to holiday today.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't say if your PC is a desktop/tower or a laptop/notebook.

Does it have an ethernet device, and are you able to access the internet by using a wired connection?

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Try removing the entries by right clicking on the network icon on the bottom then choose Open Network and Internet Settings, then click on WiFi, then Manage Wireless Networks. If you see the network, click on the network and choose Forget.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you have the latest correct wireless driver installed?

What channel is the network (or channels/networks) using. Is the wireless adapter capable or using that (those) channel(s)?

9. ifthisislove

I’m not an data tech so I’m not sure if my device is wireless/wired. I’ll upload a file on a list of my network adapters. using imgur https://imgur.com/a/mXZz3e5 That’s what they told me to find the ethernet device on the internet using my phone. Idk which one is ethernet. Also my pc is just a standard laptop Acer.

10. ifthisislove

Manage wireless networks are not there.. I can’t find it.

11. ifthisislove

I don’t know what kind channel it is. It is my uncles network. I’m not to keen on installing drivers and such because something can go wrong.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice