Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hosi35

I’ve been able to connect my pc to same wifi network about 1 year now, however one day suddenly it just won’t connect. All my devices are able to connect to the same network and from same the location of where my pc is. I’ve reinstalled my network adapter and still doesn’t work. My tech friend also has no clue of my it won’t connect. I’m able to connect wirelessly to my mobile hotspot but I’m not sure about other wireless networks. Please help ASAP, thanks very much

TerryNet

Terry
1. Make sure you have the latest appropriate wireless driver installed. Try again to connect if you needed to install the correct driver.

2. "Forget" the wireless network and try again.

3. Reset the router and go back to step 2 once more.

This is my preferred order for finding drivers:

1. PC manufacturer's web site,
2. Motherboard manufacturer's web site,
3. Device manufacturer's web site,
4. A "drivers" site, such as DriverGuide,
5. Anywhere you can find one that might work,
6. Let Device Manager try to find one.
7. Use Windows Update.

(4 through 7 are really tied, and with Windows 7--and maybe 8/8.1-- the Windows Update should be at least 4th. The main message is that the first three are almost always to be preferred.)

hosi35

Ok I will try those steps. My system says I have a critical windows update. Would that have some meaning to internet issues or not really.

thank for the reply tho

TerryNet

Terry
My system says I have a critical windows update. Would that have some meaning to internet issues or not really.
I guess that depends on whether the critical update pertains in any way to networking. I'd connect by ethernet and do the update.

hosi35

I’ve don’t everything you said and it still doesn’t works. I’ve reinstalled the drivers and they were all the latest drivers. Ive done the router reset many times but nothing works. I’ve also completed the windows update. I can’t forget the network since it can’t connect at all. It says ‘can’t connect to this network’. I think there’s some sort of issue with my pc. Can’t connect to any wireless network

TerryNet

Terry
Only other two things that come to mind are a "security" program such as Norton, McAfee, etc., (low probability since ethernet works) or a defective wireless adapter.

hosi35

idk tho. It’s a pretty new adapter. It’s the ASUS PCE 68. So stressful rn

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online