1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can’t download graphics card drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wylieb123, Feb 17, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. Wylieb123

Wylieb123 Thread Starter

When ever I try to download my graphic card drivers it won’t let me and it pops up saying this won’t work on my pc even though I downloaded the right drivers and my pc is up to date.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You have to supply detailed information about your a) computer, b) operating system c) graphics card brand and model d) the site where you downloaded the drivers from.

3. Blu_86

Blu_86

If your video card (GPU) is nvidia and your PC is pre-built it could be that it wants DCH drivers and you may be trying to install regular legacy type drivers.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

I saw that on a YouTube video, Cary Holtzman couldn't get the downloaded drivers for a NVidia card to work and found out he had to have the DCH drivers for them to work.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Wylieb123 didn't describe the processor in his computer, so we don't know which generation processor it has.

I believe 6th generation and newer processors require the DCH graphics driver in Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice