Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t load drivers on dell latitude 100L laptop with win98SE

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Loaded win98 SE onto an old Dell Latitude 100L laptop and I want to finish it off so I can play some retro games on it but I’m having trouble getting any drivers on it because the cd/dvd drive doesn’t recognize any cds (even though I used a cd to put win98 on it) and usb doesn’t recognize. How can I get these running so I can put the drivers on? Thanks!

#4 ·
If you have internet access via a ethernet cable you should be able to download them. Or, if you have a floppy drive, you can use that.
Lastly, you can remove the hard disk, put it in a different machine as a second disk. Then copy them to the Win98 disk. If you have that option.

#5 · (Edited)
Loaded win98 SE onto an old Dell Latitude 100L laptop and I want to finish it off so I can play some retro games on it but I'm having trouble getting any drivers on it because the cd/dvd drive doesn't recognize any cds (even though I used a cd to put win98 on it) and usb doesn't recognize.
The Dell Latitude 100L laptop was designed for and has downloadable drivers at its support site only for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

It appears to have these primary devices:
Intel 855 GM graphics
Sigmatel STAC 9750 AC97 audio
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Mbps ethernet
Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 - or - Dell Wireless 1350/1370/1390/1450/1490

---------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
The Dell Latitude 100L laptop was designed for and has downloadable drivers at its support site only for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

It appears to have these primary devices:
Intel 855 GM graphics
Sigmatel STAC 9750 AC97 audio
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Mbps ethernet
Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 - or - Dell Wireless 1350/1370/1390/1450/1490

Hey flavalle is it still possible to put the right drivers on the laptop to make win98 run properly? I really want it on there, can I get them other places?

#7 ·
Once you correctly identify the primary devices in that laptop (if they are other than what I listed in post #5), you need to do an internet search for Windows 98 SE drivers for them.
If you're lucky, you may find the drivers you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.