1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can’t open my Hp Pavilion n-67sa

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JasmineEyre, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JasmineEyre

JasmineEyre Thread Starter

Im trying to change the hard drive in my Hp laptop. Serial number: 5CD4132XOK. I’ve tried calling Hp for support but apparently they don’t support that laptop anymore.

To get into the laptop, you first have to remove keyboard, followed by the plastic cover around the keyboard. It’s attached by clips, which unclip most of the way around the laptop. But, it gets stuck at the Cd tray and the USB socket next to the Cd tray. If I try to force it, the USB socket starts to come up as well. I’ve checked multiple time if I left any screws in and have watched tutorials to see if I’ve missed something. What could be holding it together? My dad has disassembled it before so it isn’t soldered together. I can’t contact him to ask how he did it so I’m hoping one of you guys might have an idea.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Kind regards,
    Jasmine Eyre

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  3. kenbok51

kenbok51

Have you tried removing it with the CD tray ejected?

4. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Here is a video of HP Pavilion 15-n290sa HDD Replacement/SSD Upgrade Guide ,similar

123Zbyniek likes this.
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice