Can 2 computers share 1 printer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Justmemom

I am trying to set up my new computer and my old computer to share the printer. I have a wireless router and a wireless adapter. The guy at the store said I could set it up to share the DSL and the printer but so far I have only gotten them to share the DSL. Can they share the printer?
The computers are
HP Media Center PC
820 pentium D
1 GB Memory
300 GB hard drive
HP pavillion 752c
2.0 GHZ pentium 4
512 Memory
80 GB hardrive
The router is D-Link DI-624
The adapter is D-Link DWL-G122
The printer is HP psc 750xi

First you'll want to open up Printers & Faxes on the computer the printer is connected to (Start > Control Panel > Printers & Faxes). Right click on the printer and select 'Sharing'.

Click the Share Printer button then give it a name in the box below that. Click apply, then OK.

Now go to the other computer and open up Printers & Faxes window. Right click anywhere in the white space and hit 'Add Printer'.

Next > Select 'A netowrk printer, or printer attached to another computer', Next > Select 'Connect to this Printer', and fill in the box next to 'Name:' with

\\*name of computer printer is connected to*\*name you gave printer earlier when you shared it*

Hit next and it should find it if the name is correct. Select Yes to use it as the default printer, then hit Next. Voila, hit finish and your done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online