Can a ASUS x556UA Laptop Run VR?

Goobster

Hey, I'm kinda new to forums and tech stuff altogether so sorry if this isnt in the normal format.
I have just been wondering since my laptop can run certain games fine, if it was possible to a VR headset through it. From my research, it has a Core i7-6500U, 2 Cores, with a Intel HD Graphics 520, and the brand is COre i7 5th Gen. I ran SteamVR Performance Test on it, and it has told me my GPU is the only thing not strong enough. I really want a VR headset this Christmas, but I dont think i can afford a GPU upgrade or External GPU and purchase the VR headset aswell. Just looking for some help or info on what to do, and if i can still play VR or not!

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Unfortunately, as the Steam test revealed, the onboard Intel graphics isn't powerful enough to handle the VR experience. You'd really need to upgrade the GPU, and that's contingent on whether or not your laptop will support an external one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online