1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved can a laptop with broken screen be accessed through another?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frostqueen2003, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frostqueen2003

frostqueen2003 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jenn
    my main laptop, a toshiba with 17in HD monitor, win 10, and all my adobe creative suite software, has a cracked screen, but it still works great. I had it hooked to an external monitor but my ex smashed the monitor when we broke up. I dont have the cash to buy a new screen or monitor right now, but I also cant work without the adobe programs on the laptop. I have this other older laptop:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300, 32 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 55 GB (40 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C5668
    Antivirus: None

is there any way to link my main laptop to this ones screen without damaging the older one?

Jenn

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the model name and exact model number and exact serial number of that Toshiba laptop?

Note: 2 sets of characters separated by a dash should comprise the model number.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe you can do what you want to do with 2 laptops, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You can buy a refurbished 17" - 19" flat-screen monitor for less than $100.00.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. frostqueen2003

frostqueen2003 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jenn
    Ok, I didnt think so, but figured it couldnt hurt to ask. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice