Solved Can a laptop without battery ran out of power?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KruZZ

So i have this old Asus laptop for about 4/5 years now, and the battery for it has already died 2-3 years ago. I am still using it untill now with the power brick only and sometimes it's turned off all of a sudden. Last time that I had the battery still works, when i play game (shadow of mordor) even when charging battery still decreased. Is it possible that my power brick require more voltage to equal my laptop's energy output?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Remove the battery and see if it works with the brick only.

KruZZ

Remove the battery and see if it works with the brick only.
Since the battery dead I always take it off from my laptop, I've tried it couple of times with the battery and it's still turning off over nad over again. Please help.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You probably need a new battery. Does it turn off when the battery is not connected ?

KruZZ

You probably need a new battery. Does it turn off when the battery is not connected ?
I think you don't understand my point, my battery is broken and i was wondering is my original power brick have voltage that are too low for my laptop(if used for hours) so the laptop ran out of power and died(?).

KruZZ

I
Know that i need a new battery, but i couldn't afford it right now. My plans are to save my money and buy PC instead, cause i rarely use my laptop anywhere else than home.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think you don't understand my point, my battery is broken and i was wondering is my original power brick have voltage that are too low for my laptop(if used for hours) so the laptop ran out of power and died(?).
The power brick should be capable of running the laptop 24/7 if necessary.

If the laptop turns itself of using just the power brick is the connector from it into the laptop a good tight fit ? If not it could be disconnecting momentarily to cause the shutdowns.

Last edited:

KruZZ

The power brick should be capable of running the laptop 24/7 if necessary.

If the laptop turns itself of using just the power brick is the connector from it into the laptop a good tight fit ? If not it could be disconnecting momentarily to cause the shutdowns.
So, you're telling that as long as my power brick have a tight fit and keep distributing charges to my laptop and still turning off then it's another questionable thing such as thermal and cpu/gpu error?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes. If it's good tight fit there must be something else wrong or the charger itself could be faulty but that's unlikely in this particular case, they usually just stop working at all or the voltage can drop too low to power the laptop.

plodr

Liz
If the computer turns off like you pulled the plug and yet it is still plugged in, it is overheating. That can cause a laptop to shut down immediately as if you disconnected it from power.

KruZZ

Y
Yes. If it's good tight fit there must be something else wrong or the charger itself could be faulty but that's unlikely in this particular case, they usually just stop working at all or the voltage can drop too low to power the laptop.
Thank you.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does the laptop feel hot anywhere after being on for a while ?

What model Asus laptop is it ?

KruZZ

If the computer turns off like you pulled the plug and yet it is still plugged in, it is overheating. That can cause a laptop to shut down immediately as if you disconnected it from power.
Yes, that's what i experienced. I now going to try opening the interior and cleaning the fans.

KruZZ

Does the laptop feel hot anywhere after being on for a while ?

What model Asus laptop is it ?
Yes it felt really hot, I'm afraid that it's overheating, but i couldn't really tell the difference between running normally. It's hot either way.

I'll see my laptop model after i got home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online