1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Can a laptop without battery ran out of power?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KruZZ, Nov 30, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

So i have this old Asus laptop for about 4/5 years now, and the battery for it has already died 2-3 years ago. I am still using it untill now with the power brick only and sometimes it's turned off all of a sudden. Last time that I had the battery still works, when i play game (shadow of mordor) even when charging battery still decreased. Is it possible that my power brick require more voltage to equal my laptop's energy output?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Remove the battery and see if it works with the brick only.

KruZZ likes this.
  3. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

Since the battery dead I always take it off from my laptop, I've tried it couple of times with the battery and it's still turning off over nad over again. Please help.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You probably need a new battery. Does it turn off when the battery is not connected ?

5. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

I think you don't understand my point, my battery is broken and i was wondering is my original power brick have voltage that are too low for my laptop(if used for hours) so the laptop ran out of power and died(?).

6. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

I
    Know that i need a new battery, but i couldn't afford it right now. My plans are to save my money and buy PC instead, cause i rarely use my laptop anywhere else than home.

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    The power brick should be capable of running the laptop 24/7 if necessary.

If the laptop turns itself of using just the power brick is the connector from it into the laptop a good tight fit ? If not it could be disconnecting momentarily to cause the shutdowns.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    KruZZ likes this.
  8. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

So, you're telling that as long as my power brick have a tight fit and keep distributing charges to my laptop and still turning off then it's another questionable thing such as thermal and cpu/gpu error?

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Yes. If it's good tight fit there must be something else wrong or the charger itself could be faulty but that's unlikely in this particular case, they usually just stop working at all or the voltage can drop too low to power the laptop.

KruZZ likes this.
  10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If the computer turns off like you pulled the plug and yet it is still plugged in, it is overheating. That can cause a laptop to shut down immediately as if you disconnected it from power.

11. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

Y
    Thank you.

12. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Does the laptop feel hot anywhere after being on for a while ?

What model Asus laptop is it ?

13. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

Yes, that's what i experienced. I now going to try opening the interior and cleaning the fans.

14. KruZZ

KruZZ Thread Starter

Yes it felt really hot, I'm afraid that it's overheating, but i couldn't really tell the difference between running normally. It's hot either way.

I'll see my laptop model after i got home

15. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, there's no rush.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice