Can a Nvidia Graphics Card conflict with ATI onboard video?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

supercubedude

My current card (Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS) apparently overheats extremely quickly, so I'm trying to find a new card. My question is that I have ATI video on board on my motherboard. Is it at all possible for that to conflict with a Nvidia graphics card, or am I just really paranoid?

supercubedude

Sweet. Now I just need to find a good card... Something tells me I'm bound to have more questions.

Paranoia !

pretty sure if the ATI on board video picks up that another Graphics card is their it would probably deactivate or something not sure ask in motherboards manufacture online support etc

I had ati 200 onboard graphics and installed nv 7600 gs card with 256mb, pc auto uninstalled drivers and no probs installing nv card. I haven't had any heating problems with it either, you may need to add a fan or two to your system. Nv control panel stinks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online