1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can a website or App access photo on phone without consent?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Bluebell138, Dec 7, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Bluebell138

Bluebell138 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I hope you can help with my question.
    Could it be possible for an App/ Website, that has not be accessed for at least 3 years, be able to access a recent photo taken on an I phone and use this without the i phone owners permission?
    This photo was set Via i phone text message and WhatsApp for another purpose, however has been used on the (no longer used) website/app within a conversation.
    If the App/website (or email address connected to this) was hacked by somebody would it be possible for them to access this recent photo, sent via I phone message and whatsapp, without the actual phone owners permission?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

If the known or unknown person knows the owners itunes email address and password then he/she can see any photos stored in itunes for that iphone.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

When you use an app for the first time, it will ask you if the app can access your photos (or Mic / Camera) so you can use the photos within it. It will only have access if you allowed it.

Now having the app take a photo from your camera roll... That's a concern. I haven't seen anything like that from apps like Whatsapp so you may want to contact the vendor of the offending app.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200722