1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can access e-mail but not web pages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by shecan, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shecan

shecan Thread Starter

I am having a problem with my internet connection. I have Windows 2000, AOL 8 - DSL, IE 6. I can connect to the internet, send and receive e-mails but I can't access any websites (A screen comes up saying 'Action Canceled'). When I called AOL, they walked me through a few things but nothing helped. They said it was probably a Windows problem and I needed to reinstall my Dial up Networking and Winsock. I have run a repair for IE, run scandisk, defrag, cleaned out temp files, turned off my firewall, did a virus check (clean), and ran a winsock fixer (lspfix.exe), which actually made things worse because after, I couldn't even connect (good thing I backed up first). If I do need to reinstall Dial Up Networking, how do I do that in Windows 2000? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

DSL doesn't use dial-up networking so I don't think that will help.
    Not sure what will either though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice