Can anyone offer SEO Advice please?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BrianJones

I have a new websit and am trying to learn any tips or tricks to have my small business page ranked higher (ideally on page 1) of the major search engines. Is there anyone here that can offer any advice to me please? thank you!

JiminSA

Jim
This link I found to be concise and helpful - it certainly taught me something about keyword relevance of yesteryear and the now relevant schema tagging and rich data snippets inclusions...

JiminSA

Jim
Two per page - one for the character set and one for the description. Check out yet another article declaiming the keyword meta-tag here

BrianJones

It depends on you that if you want to do SEO of your website by yourself or you want to hire a professional team. If you want to to SEO by yourself then remember that there are many strategies of SEO. 1st you have to generate mate tags and meta description in your website. After it you would have to create sitemap and then you would have to index and submit all the webpages to search engines. After this step, you would have to do directory submission, article writing, link wheeling, blogging for your website. be sure always that you are using correct keywords for your website in all the techniques..

can you please explain what "Link Wheeling" is and how I can do it? thank you.

DrP

Google is all about quality sites nowadays, so planning, designing, building and managing a really good site is probably the best thing you can do. That said, the most influential things on-site are the <title>, <h1> and URLs of the pages.

Offsite, you want quality links pointing your way. Don't do reciprocal links - Google is onto them and a couple of changes they made last year mean you could get penalised for doing so. Social media will help, but not the spammy kind.

BrianJones

Google is all about quality sites nowadays, so planning, designing, building and managing a really good site is probably the best thing you can do. That said, the most influential things on-site are the <title>, <h1> and URLs of the pages.

Offsite, you want quality links pointing your way. Don't do reciprocal links - Google is onto them and a couple of changes they made last year mean you could get penalised for doing so. Social media will help, but not the spammy kind.

What aer reciprocal links? do you mean if my page and another page used links to one another's page? should I not do that?

JiminSA

Jim
Yes Brian that's what reciprocal links were all about. I suggest you backtrack to thread posts #'s 6 and 8 and read the links... Dr. P's advice in thread #7 is well worth following...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online