1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can anyone offer SEO Advice please?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by BrianJones, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BrianJones

BrianJones Thread Starter

I have a new websit and am trying to learn any tips or tricks to have my small business page ranked higher (ideally on page 1) of the major search engines. Is there anyone here that can offer any advice to me please? thank you!

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    This link I found to be concise and helpful - it certainly taught me something about keyword relevance of yesteryear and the now relevant schema tagging and rich data snippets inclusions...

3. BrianJones

How many Meta Tags should I use per page? And should I do it on every page?

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Two per page - one for the character set and one for the description. Check out yet another article declaiming the keyword meta-tag here

5. BrianJones

can you please explain what "Link Wheeling" is and how I can do it? thank you.

6. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    I rather think that Albert was referring to reciprocal links (correct me if I'm wrong)... but even that's effectiveness in your rankings is questionable nowadays - see here

7. DrP

DrP

Google is all about quality sites nowadays, so planning, designing, building and managing a really good site is probably the best thing you can do. That said, the most influential things on-site are the <title>, <h1> and URLs of the pages.

Offsite, you want quality links pointing your way. Don't do reciprocal links - Google is onto them and a couple of changes they made last year mean you could get penalised for doing so. Social media will help, but not the spammy kind.

8. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Yup, reciprocal links are an apparent waste of time if this article from 2006 is to be believed...

9. BrianJones

What aer reciprocal links? do you mean if my page and another page used links to one another's page? should I not do that?

10. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Yes Brian that's what reciprocal links were all about. I suggest you backtrack to thread posts #'s 6 and 8 and read the links... Dr. P's advice in thread #7 is well worth following...

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice