1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can anyone please help me with choosing a new graphics card?

Discussion in 'Games' started by StarlightSoul, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarlightSoul

StarlightSoul Thread Starter

Hello i would like to update my graphics card for my computer of two years old. I currently have trouble running some games such as Starcraft2, which my computer can only handle the lowest settings. Specs included below (from Speccy).

Operating System
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 63 °C
    Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM
    6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard
    PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia (CPU 1)

Graphics
    HP w2007 @ 1680x1050
    Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Hard Drives
    625GB Western Digital WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B0 (SCSI) 41 °C

Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q

Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

This is my pc. : Not purchased from here.

I was recommended this graphics card, and i need a new power supply and fan as well? I'm really not sure about all this. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you for your time.

2. Dazz

Dazz

Nice graphics card in that link. And a decent power supply would be about 500wtz. Though you need to be carefull with what your buying in case some of the new products may not fit inside your machine, which may evidently lead to also buying a new case for your pc and moving everything out of your old on into the new one, which isn't a problem but it's a kind of hassle because the inside of computers are so fiddely.

Anyway, good luck finding your new setup.

Dazz, x

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice