Can anyone please help me with choosing a new graphics card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StarlightSoul

Hello i would like to update my graphics card for my computer of two years old. I currently have trouble running some games such as Starcraft2, which my computer can only handle the lowest settings. Specs included below (from Speccy).

Operating System
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 63 °C
Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia (CPU 1)

Graphics
HP w2007 @ 1680x1050
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Hard Drives
625GB Western Digital WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B0 (SCSI) 41 °C

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

This is my pc. : Not purchased from here.

I was recommended this graphics card, and i need a new power supply and fan as well? I'm really not sure about all this. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Nice graphics card in that link. And a decent power supply would be about 500wtz. Though you need to be carefull with what your buying in case some of the new products may not fit inside your machine, which may evidently lead to also buying a new case for your pc and moving everything out of your old on into the new one, which isn't a problem but it's a kind of hassle because the inside of computers are so fiddely.

Anyway, good luck finding your new setup.

Dazz, x

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online