Can anyone tell me if Compaq Presario M2045AP has HDMI?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ozegirl

Need to know whether I can get a HDMI cable for my Mum to use with TV but she is elderly and doesn't know what to look for...tried looking online but no user manuals for this old computer. I can't get to her ATM with covid so would appreciate if someone has one or a manual to check, thanks. Compaq Presario M2045AP

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
M2045AP is the description of a battery that's used in a Compaq Presario model laptop.
We need to know what model number(M/N) and serial number(S/N) is on that Compaq Presario laptop so it can be correctly identified.
Once that's done, we should be able to determine what type of video ports it has.

At this time, I'm inclined to agree with Jim that it has a 15-pin VGA video port.
This is what VGA and HDMI video ports look like.

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------------------

plodr

Liz
I have a laptop (cheap Acer) from 2009 and it has an HDMI port.

About how old is the laptop?
I did find a laptop with that model
http://www.computer-specifications.com/specifications/Compaq-PresarioM2045AP-Specs.html
the max RAM is 2GB so it must be older than 2009.

I found a download for a manual but you need to give an email address.
http://www.easyhelpguide.com/manual/Compaq-PresarioM2045AP-Manual.html

I signed up with an email address I use for places I really don't want to communicate with. Now to see if I get a download link.

ozegirl

Flavallee - Thanks - yes I know what the ports look like, the problem is I can't go to my Mum to check at the moment because she is in lockdown.... and M2045AP is the model number - just that when you search that online the only thing you find is batteries for the M2045AP...….

But the good news is I have finally found a manual online - was searching for M2045 but then I widened my search to M2000 series as I'm pretty sure they have the one manual for all in the series anyway. And that confirmed there is no HDMI. http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00444840 Thanks again :)

Thanks also Plodr - I had just found the manual before I saw your post.... was searching for a user manual...this is a service manual but does the job I was looking for... thanks everyone again.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I had previously checked the HP/Compaq support site, and it showed "not found" for model M2045AP, so that's another reason why I assumed it was for the battery.
Anyway, I'm glad you were finally able to confirm that laptop does not have a HDMI port.

--------------------------------------------------

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
A VGA to HDMI adapter should work, something like this one :- https://www.amazon.com.au/GANA-Conv...rds=vga+to+hdmi+adapter&qid=1596056694&sr=8-2

You will need a VGA to VGA cable (male to male) and an HDMI cable (female to female) and for sound there is another cable needed, seems it does come with adapter above and it may with similar ones.
Also that adapter needs power from a Usb port on the laptop, cable supplied.

Does her TV have any other inputs than HDMI ?

Last edited:

ozegirl

Flavallee - yes it's not found because it's a legacy computer no longer supported, and they don't have the user manual on the site but I was lucky to finally find the other one which is close enough.

Managed - good idea but that's way too many cables etc - maybe not for you or me but for my Mum who is 95 it would be overwhelming.

I've decided a better option is to just get her a very simple DVD player as the reason for the cable was primarily so she could watch DVD's on the TV rather than on the laptop.

plodr

Liz
Well I'm glad you found a manual. I never did get an email with a link to download the manual from that site.

for my Mum who is 95 it would be overwhelming.
Yes, the simpler the better.

ozegirl

I thought I should update: I have since been able to see the laptop and it in fact DOES have a HDMI port despite not being shown in the manual. Quite surprised as I thought the 2000 series manual would cover it even if it only said optional depending upon model...but anyway...and it wasn't customised to have one. For the sake of anyone who also needs to know, yes it does.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online