1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can anyone tell me why my printer keeps acting up?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Lori 1, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I didn't know what category to put this so I figure here.
    I have a HP deskjet 952C printer. it will print a few things once in a while, then all of a sudden, it starts putting out stars hearts etc.
    I have uninstalled the software that came with it quite a few times now and it , still keeps acting this way. to be quite honest I have gone through three printers because of this problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

Try downloading the latest driver for the printer. If that doesn't work, herhaps it's not the printer. Have you checked to see if you have a virus? You should also check how you have your settings setup, since you went through 3 printers having the same problem.

3. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Nope I don't have a virus, actually my computer is pretty cleaned up, with highjack, adware spybot etc, I guess I can check and see if there's an update on the driver. Ummm and settings I have no clue on that. Thanks

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Lori:

I have a HP 952C printer and have never had a bit of trouble with it. The software/drivers have been updated a few times since the printer came out. Are you using the most current version, which is 4.3.0.0? If not, download and save the current software/drivers from here. The old software/drivers need to be removed from Add/Remove Programs, the computer rebooted, the new software/drivers installed, then the computer rebooted again. You might also want to bookmark that site for future reference.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips (Also a Windows XP user)

5. srhoades

srhoades

If you are connecting it via a parrallel port, change it an ECP port in the bios and reinstall the printer drivers.

6. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I know this doesnt have anything to do with my printer, but I just ran my adware and I dont know what these things mean or if I should delete them, could someone tell me what to do with these that ad aware found?

Attached Files:

7. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

results

Attached Files:

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  9. brindle

brindle

Morning Lori1
    Those can all be deleted. the four maleware are malicious Software, Computer programs whose purpose is to cause harm and the last two are cookies for a governerment search engine.

10. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

thank you two deleted them all. : )

11. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Heres what I get when I try to reinstall my printer.:mad:

Attached Files:

12. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Well Frank,...... You never cease to amaze me. : ) I read you post over and over until it finally soaked in,lol My gosh where do you find programs like this, wow this is so cool. : ) My printer problem is fixed thanks to you. Thanks for the url. *Big Smile*

13. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

And I want to, Thank Brindle for telling me what the adware results were.

14. brindle

brindle

Your welcome

15. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Lori:

I'm glad to hear that your printer problem is fixed. Thanks for letting me(us) know. :D :D :D (y)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips (Also a Windows XP user)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice