Can AOL Auto Update Be Stopped?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SGtheArtist

Well, I have AOL 6.0 and AOL always wants to download new files at the end of my session which wastes my time and I've been trying to find out how to disable it. Does anyone know?

Thanks

AOL has a mind of it's own and is inherintly evil. There should be a setting in the options where you can disable this. One warning...if the updates aren't done your AOL may stop functioning properly if they do a required update on the server.

Originally posted by Rockn
...if the updates aren't done your AOL may stop functioning properly if they do a required update on the server.
you're assuming it functions properly in the first place LOL

i use aol 4 (a $5 mth dial up backup) which gets tech support (another contradiction in terms) annoyed - why don't i use aol 5, 6, 7 etc - we don't know aol 4, the manual no longer exists
- because 5,6,7 are crap and too graphic intensive for dial up
- oh, but that means you stay on line longer and use your minutes DOH

aol is fine for folks new to the 'net, but there's plenty of better ISPs out there once the novelty wears off

JMHO

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online