1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can burn but not read!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by supersadie, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersadie

supersadie Thread Starter

Hi
    Although my burner is able to burn CDs and DVDs using either NTI or WindowsXP burner, it refuses then to see the disc it has burned!

Although it saw my empty disc originally, once burned, it can't find it in the drive.

Then when I come out of windows explorer I get an error message something about 'fail to open fvfj.sxo'

I look this up and see that this has something to do with malware. I run a full AVG virus check and an online malware check through the Microsoft site. Nothing appears. I then search computer for anything called sxo. Nothing appears.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? It used to all work fine.

I have XP SP3, Philips burner, NTI cd maker, WindowsXP burner.

Appreciate your time.:)

2. fel1x

fel1x

3. supersadie

supersadie Thread Starter

Thanks. I've tried the Fixit which reckoned the disk was unreadable. I then put a different disk in which was fine. That was burned before the problem started so I'm not sure whether it's cured or not.

I'll try burning something again and test it out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice