Can clearing your cache/cookies delete FB page?

dimak123

So I had to clear my cache and cookies recently. Not sure if this has affected something, but I can no longer view my personal FB page. I can see my business page, which is obviously linked to my personal page, but the search bar is missing at the top as well as the little arrow top right (where you switch between personal/business accounts). On my phone and my other desktop, however, I can access my personal account. So because of this, I think it's something I definitely did on my computer. Not sure if anything like this can happen by clearing cache or deleting cookies, but have tried all this and nothing seems to bring it back.
Can anyone help?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190812181211.000000+600
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (388 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 0B4Ch, ver D, s/n SGH022SPJZ
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 20110824, s/n SGH022SPJZ
Antivirus: Trend Micro Maximum Security, Enabled and Updated

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The removal of the cookies, will remove the settings that are saved within the cookie.
So look for the setting to add this search bar back in.

dimak123

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought this might have something to do with the removal of cookies. How do I go about finding the setting now to retrieve it?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not have a Personal Page, so I do not know even where to start.

dimak123

The removal of the cookies, will remove the settings that are saved within the cookie.
So look for the setting to add this search bar back in.
Thanks - do you know how i can find the setting to retrieve it?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not believe you can recover deleted Firefox settings.

You could log out of your Facebook business page and then log into your personal page. You would need to enter your username and password, as well as go through any 2 factor authentication if you have that enabled.

dimak123

I do not believe you can recover deleted Firefox settings.

You could log out of your Facebook business page and then log into your personal page. You would need to enter your username and password, as well as go through any 2 factor authentication if you have that enabled.

Oh wow, I was afraid something may have been permanently deleted. I've logged out of my FB business page many times, closed my computer down many times, logged back in many times and still nothing. Same log in for personal/business as same account, so whenever I log in, it only takes me to my business page. Very frustrating indeed.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not have a business page to test this but have seen an article from a few years ago that describes how to switch between profiles. If you log into your business account and click on the down arrow in the upper right-hand corner do you have an option to choose your other account?

dimak123

I do not have a business page to test this but have seen an article from a few years ago that describes how to switch between profiles. If you log into your business account and click on the down arrow in the upper right-hand corner do you have an option to choose your other account?
Yes, this is how I usually toggle between personal/business accounts, but because the search bar has disappeared, so has all the top part with the arrow. So can't actually switch between accounts at the moment. I think I've actually played around too much with settings and I can't even log into FB at all at the moment on my main computer. On my phone and other computers I can, but I think it has something to do with clearing cookies/cache on that particular computer.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you using the "Classic" or the new interface that was just been dumped on us?
This affects computers only, not tablets or phones.
The Classic will go way in September!

dimak123

Are you using the "Classic" or the new interface that was just been dumped on us?
This affects computers only, not tablets or phones.
The Classic will go way in September!
No it's the classic that I still have. But I really don't think it's a FB problem, as I can access my pages on all my other devices. It's this computer I'm working on. Still think it's something to do with certain cookies or certain cache settings that I've cleared.

amaramartin

Amara
So I had to clear my cache and cookies recently. Not sure if this has affected something, but I can no longer view my personal FB page. I can see my business page, which is obviously linked to my personal page, but the search bar is missing at the top as well as the little arrow top right (where you switch between personal/business accounts). On my phone and my other desktop, however, I can access my personal account. So because of this, I think it's something I definitely did on my computer. Not sure if anything like this can happen by clearing cache or deleting cookies, but have tried all this and nothing seems to bring it back.
Can anyone help?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190812181211.000000+600
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (388 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 0B4Ch, ver D, s/n SGH022SPJZ
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 20110824, s/n SGH022SPJZ
Antivirus: Trend Micro Maximum Security, Enabled and Updated
This issue is not related to deleting of the cache. You must check this by logging in another PC. If you find the same problem then its something in FB settings not because of clearing cache and cookies.

dimak123

This issue is not related to deleting of the cache. You must check this by logging in another PC. If you find the same problem then its something in FB settings not because of clearing cache and cookies.
So I can access my personal & business FB page on any other computer/device. It's only on this computer, which makes me think it is a cache/cookies issue, not a FB issue, as FB works perfectly everywhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online