1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by carrickfergus, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrickfergus

carrickfergus Thread Starter

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.

Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.

Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/960206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice