1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can connect wirelessly but can't browse internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by petalman14, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. petalman14

petalman14 Thread Starter

Hi, I can connect to my network wirelessly but I can not browse the internet.

Model of the HP machine:HP G60-121WM Notebook PC
    Where you running windows Vista:Windows Vista 32-bit
    The adapter was it a AR5007 or AR5007EG:AR5007

In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and update driver. I have tried this already and it says that my drivers are up to date.

I have taken the security of my modem and tried again and it still did not work.

I went to the my manufacturer's web site support section and I could not find the driver software for my wireless adapter.

It will connect fine and browse the internet with an ethernet cord though. Any help would be appreciated

2. jamielogue

jamielogue

3. jamielogue

jamielogue

i have a compaq cq50 210us (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3795234) and it would not let me go on the internet too and i tryed everything then i finally gave up and put it away and bought a toshiba (which wasnt as good cause it was older) well about 2 months ago i ugraded to windows 7 (it had windows vista 32bit) and it worked and i tryed windows vista ultimate on it cause someone gave it to me and i had the old problem back so idk what was wrong but the wifi would not work in less I used a newer os.:D

4. sanjeev78

sanjeev78

hey just uninstall your antivirus..malware and see..works 4 me..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice