1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can Fugifilm FinePix Camera use HP 8050 Printer?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by u2btrfly, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

Hi there,

Back again I am, with questions about digital cameras and the lot. Anyhow, I finally managed to download just the basic drivers for the Photosmart 8050 printer and it transfers pics from a memory card just fine. The HP camera was brand new and I was using it once, put the zoom lens on and it never went back where it was supposed to be. Luckily, eBay sellers, some of them anyway, offer a Square Trade Warranty on electronics and they were really good about a refund when I sent the camera to them.

So, now I see a good deal on a Fugifilm FinePix digital camera, with a nice interface and looks easy to use. The HP camera had too much going on with the front and back and sides, it took me 5 minutes just to get it set the way I want it. The Fugi is point and shoot, 4 MP, and digital and optical zoom (I just learned the difference tonight)

So, will the Fugi work with the printer? I would assume it would. Oh, and I don't download any software with the camera, right? I was looking at a Kodak EasyShare camera, as well, at about the same price. Any thoughts on Fugi vs. Kodak?

Can you help, please. Oh and BTW, I just downloaded Picassa. I'm using the Adobe, but it is really bad, don't like it at all.

Thanks for your help,
    u2

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Your printer can take the following cards.

Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard
    CompactFlash
    Memory Stick
    xD-Picture Card
    IBM Microdrive
    Memory Stick Duo (with adapter, not included; purchase separately)
    Mini SD (with adapter, not included; purchase separately)

But unless we knew what "Fugifilm" (I suspect it's really a FujiFilm) model you refer to, we simply don't know.

Fujifilm make a lot of models of cameras, I would suspect the answer will by YES but you need to tell us a little more ...

3. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for being so quick. The make is a

FUJI FinePix A350 5.2MP DIGITAL CAMERA

And here's the description:The FinePix A350 Zoom is a simple-to-operate five-megapixel resolution camera, with a neat, compact design, high quality 1.7 inch LCD screen and 3x optical zoom lens. Following in the footsteps of its predecessors - the hugely popular FinePix A330 and A340 Zoom - this model offers exceptional power and value in a new and improved design. Whilst the entry-level category can often mean that corners are cut on build quality and feel, anyone who handles this camera will be pleasantly surprised by its compact solidity. Although simple in conception, the A350 Zoom still boasts bags of photo power - with one-touch, fully-automatic operation that includes easy navigation for beginners and enough megapixels to allow images to be printed as enlargements without loss of quality. This competitively-priced new camera is sturdy but stylish, with smooth metallic casing and a high-quality finish. What's more, its low power consumption (operating on standard AA batteries) and compatibility with xD-Picture Card format, makes it a great choice for anyone concerned about having a system that will work well into the future. Furthermore, PictBridge compatibility allows the user to print directly without the need for a PC or Mac.

Hope this is enough.

Thanks,
    u2

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You have answered you own question now, if you noticed?.

"xD-Picture Card format"

And the printer supports:

"xD-Picture Card"

The answer therefore is yes.

But I was initially confused why you referred to it as a 4 MegaPixel (as that would probably make it second hand), but you now say it's a 5.2 MegaPixel which sounds more correct.

5. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

You are a doll!

Thanks. I just get a little confused because of the HP printer. Their manual makes them seem so picky as to what camera you should use. Had no idea it meant nothing, just the card that it supports.

Thanks you, now I can spend the refund I got on the Hewlett-Packard camera and get the other.

Again, thanks,

u2

6. slipe

slipe

The HP 8050 is also PictBridge compatible. So you can plug the camera directly into the printer with the USB cable and print without ever going through the computer.

I couldn’t imagine wasting the money on a print without taking the image through the computer. But some people like the PictBridge convenience.

Kodak makes decent cameras. You seem to be looking at two year old cameras, so if the Kodak you are looking at is the V550 it is a much nicer camera. Fuji tends to set their contrast high with no way to adjust it, so outdoor photos from Kodak cameras are sometimes more pleasing. Another advantage of Kodak is that they use SD cards, which are cheaper, more compatible with other devices and generally faster.

The devil is in the details, so it is hard to comment on Kodak without a model number.

Some comments on the Fuji 350. The movie mode is absolutely useless with small movies at 10fps. Shutter lag is excessive for current cameras and cycle times aren’t too great. The flash is pretty good for a pocket camera and it has an optical viewfinder to make up for a small LCD that is hard to see in sunlight.

7. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

Hello, hello, hello -

Being the obsessive woman that I am, I cannot have money sitting in my PayPal account for a camera and not buy it before I even get some shut eye, so I went ahead and bought the Fugi. One comforting thing is that I get

Fuji FinePix A350 5.2MP Digital Camera

12.3 x ZOOM (3 X Optical & 4.1 X Digital ZOOM)

Movie Recording w/sound, 5 shooting modes
    Low Power Consumption, Super CCD technology

Bonus: New (256MB) XD Memory Card ($79.99 value)

3 Bonus:
    Camera Bag New
    Rechargeable Batteries New ($19.99)
    Battery Charger New ($19.99 )

So, at least I don't have to worry about a memory card right away. The HP camera took a couple of kinds of cards I believe, not sure - could be the printer I'm thinking of. The one thing I do like about it is that the buttons and interface are much more prominent than on the HP camera I had and they look like they are better that way compared to the Kodak. On the HP, I was forever punching "movie" mode by mistake and the on/off button was a real challenge. That was a complaint a lot of buyers had about the HP. So, I may have jumped the gun, but probably not too bad. From now on I make sure I buy electronics from sellers who offer the Square Trade Warranty, it sure came in handy.

Thanks for all of your info and help,:)

u2

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice