Can I access standby mode?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilnrobn

Bill
I have Windows ME on an IBM Netvista. I would like to be able to put my computer on standby, ie minimise power usage without shutting down or hibernating, but it won't let me. I have read everything there is in ME Help but when I go to Control Panel/Power options it only gives me the option of setting the time for turning off the monitor and hard disk and for hibernating.
Although ME Help says I can also set for Standby there is no facility to do this. (It does say some computers may vary). Is there a way or am I stuck with what I've got?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online