1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can I add 8GB to my Dell Latitude D630

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Befl21, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Befl21

Befl21 Thread Starter

I want to know if I can upgrade my computer to use 8GB on may computer. I am wondering it that is possible. I am running windows 7 home preimum, 120 GB SSD with 32 bits now

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to its service manual, the Dell Latitude D630 laptop supports a maximum of 4 GB of DDR2 PC2-5300(667 MHz) RAM.

It also says it's "8 GB capable", but I'm not sure how that would be accomplished.

That's an old laptop and usually comes with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with a speed of 1.80 GHz or less and with 1 - 2 GB of RAM.

It has one user-friendly RAM bay on the bottom of the case. The second RAM bay is underneath the keyboard and is tricky to remove.

Answer Wayne's questions so we can respond to your question.

Attached Files:

4. ttifrum

ttifrum

There's also no point trying to run with 8GB of memory as you are running 32bit Windows which can only address up to 3.5gb of memory. I suspect the laptop won't run with 8gb but if it did you would have to upgrade to 64bit Windows which wouldn't be economically viable.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing he wants to run Windows 7 64-bit in it and try to use more than 4 GB of RAM.

------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice