1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can I add a AGP slot or PCI slot to a comp that doesnt have one?

Discussion in 'Games' started by IamLegend1, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IamLegend1

IamLegend1 Thread Starter

yah just a question, and if so give me a price range please for a pci

thanks

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can't add a slot to a motherboard.

How old is this computer that it doesn't have a PCI slot? Those have been around for quite a while. Are you sure it doesn't have one? Even AGP is not new technology.

EDIT: After seeing your other thread, are you asking if you can purchase an AGP or PCI video card? That's a totally different question, and the answer would be yes depending on which slot your motherboard has. How much it costs depends on what you plan to use the computer for. A simple one is cheap, and high-end gaming cards can get expensive.

3. gdup4liff

gdup4liff

my computer has a space for a apg slot, but no slot itself. like it says "apg slot" but theres no slot. can i put one in?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I've never heard of a motherboard that has a place for an AGP slot but doesn't actually have an AGP slot. No, you can't add slots to a motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591093