Can I add ddr sdram??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seamus8u

I have a GeForce4 MX420 video card, it's only 64Mb. I have an older card and I was wondering if I could take a chip out of the older one and add it to the other one...it's not really older, it's the same exact vid card. Anyways does anyone know if it's upgradable? Plug n Play kinda thing? Is there even a slot? Any info would help.

I am almost 100% sure that there is no way at all to do that. You'd have to upgrade your entire video card to increase the ram.

seamus8u

That's what I thought. So whadya think? Is Radeon better than GeForce?

Right now, yes. Until the geforce 6800 gets out at least. If you can swing it, I suggest a Radeon 9600 or 9800XT. That could go for anywhere from $200 to $400 USD I think.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online