1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I add ddr sdram??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seamus8u, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seamus8u

seamus8u Thread Starter

I have a GeForce4 MX420 video card, it's only 64Mb. I have an older card and I was wondering if I could take a chip out of the older one and add it to the other one...it's not really older, it's the same exact vid card. Anyways does anyone know if it's upgradable? Plug n Play kinda thing? Is there even a slot? Any info would help.

2. IIDX

IIDX

I am almost 100% sure that there is no way at all to do that. You'd have to upgrade your entire video card to increase the ram.

3. seamus8u

seamus8u Thread Starter

That's what I thought. So whadya think? Is Radeon better than GeForce?

4. phatmattrat

phatmattrat

Right now, yes. Until the geforce 6800 gets out at least. If you can swing it, I suggest a Radeon 9600 or 9800XT. That could go for anywhere from $200 to $400 USD I think.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice