1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I Block Access To Certain Sites Somehow?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tany, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tany

Tany Thread Starter

I'm wondering if there is anyway to do this.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. MAP62

MAP62

Absolutely you can...with internet explorer open at the top you'll see an option called....Tools....click on that then scroll down to... internet options...and click that....a new window will open with a tab called ....security......click on it...you'll see restricted sites and there you can tell it which sites to deny access to....you may have to go to the site once and copy and paste the address into the add site field.....Hope this helps

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Or a Proxy Auto Config file as well.

5. Tany

Tany Thread Starter

Absolutely you can...with internet explorer open at the top you'll see an option called....Tools....click on that then scroll down to... internet options...and click that....a new window will open with a tab called ....security......click on it...you'll see restricted sites and there you can tell it which sites to deny access to....you may have to go to the site once and copy and paste the address into the add site field.....Hope this helps

I don't know but i've tried this option and no matter what it keeps accessing the sites there. I wonder if there is something wrong with the setting or something.. i don't know
    Thanks anyway

6. Tany

Tany Thread Starter

Thanks kiwi guy...... I totally miss New Zealand!!!
    anyway this site has some good info i just have to find out how to do stuff.

Tany.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice