1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I block websites with firefox?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by King56, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. King56

King56 Thread Starter

Is there a way I can block a certain address, or any firefox addons that do such a thing?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I use OpenDNS on my network at home. This will allow you to block things on your entire network and it is free. I am sure it is builtin to Firefox. I just don't have it loaded up on this computer at the moment. Software can be circumvented. Really hard to circument Open DNS blocking a website. It allows you to setup whitelists and black lists and it has categories you can block as well.

And of course a little google search will give you all kinds of options on how to do it in Firefox.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

4. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Or download the Ad Block Plus add-on for firefox, I'm using it, can block anything, even pictures and videos.

5. hewee

hewee

A hosts file will work even better because it will block the sites no matter what Browsers you are using.

Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

Then getting Ad Block Plus you can block even more at site you do go to.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Some routers have the ability to block specific sites as well.

Regards,
    Rollin

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice